Applications for EJP Manager 2016 Now Open
Being a ManagerEJP is run by 2 Co-Directors and an Executive of 8 Managers. Being a Manager is an incredible opportunity to lead a team made up of intelligent, committed and hardworking volunteers. It is an immensely rewarding experience and is a real lesson in leadership. As well as being able to shape your team’s policy, you’ll be involved in setting the broader goals of EJP in 2016. There are opportunities to work closely with prominent members of the legal profession and to access training and resources from top lawyers.Applications are due by 5.30pm Friday 4th December. We look forward to hearing from you!Positions available:The PRO BONO Manager co-ordinates research support to practitioners, academics, interest organisations, and community groups who share the Equal Justice Project’s goals of promoting access to justice, equality, inclusivity, and respect for human dignity.The ACCESS Manager will lead the new EJP Access team. It will take the place of the Outreach and Education teams, and will have a broader scope:
- The team will be responsible for organising symposia (at least 1 per semester) and writing symposium papers
- There is scope for the team to devise more events like this.
- External: Presentation at schools, as well as maintaining and updating current presentations.
- Internal: Resource development for our website – creation of a ‘resource hub’. We will have to a) identify the existing resources, b) identify stakeholder groups currently not being served by those resources, c) think about how we could provide some of the existing resources in an easier, more user-friendly, more accessible way
- Fostering new external partnerships
- Fundraising/charity work (Book drives, clothes drives, etc.)
The COMMUNICATIONS Manager oversees the external outreach aspect of the Equal Justice Project. They are responsible for supporting other teams with content, overseeing EJP's online presence, and developing publications to provide insight into the work EJP does in the community, as well as highlight topical debates and recent developments in the law. The Communications team will also be taking over the writing of Bill submissions from the previous Outreach team.The COMMUNITY LAW Manager co-ordinates volunteers for community law centres and other external groups so that EJP volunteers can assist with the heavy work load faced by these organisations.Please apply using the form below and once you have completed it, email your CV to email@example.com.[contact-form-7 id="196124" title="EJP Manager Application 2016"]